Would you like to work in a rewarding Manufacturing Technician role with a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services?If so, we have some...
Would you like to work in a rewarding Mechanical Manufacturing Technician role with a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services?
If so, we have some exciting opportunities available at the moment to work on a state of the art aircraft project, based in Farnborough, Hampshire, UK on a 12-month contract. As a Mechanical Manufacturing Technician, you will be responsible for mechanical assembly of UAV's platforms and manufacture of detail components as required, whilst ensuring projects are completed on time, within cost and to the expected quality.
You'll be part of a great operations team, who are responsible for the design, build, operation and maintenance of the aircraft throughout its entire life-cycle. This really is a brilliant opportunity to gain invaluable experience with one of the world's leading aeronautics and space companies.
Tasks & Accountabilities:
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Mechanical Assembly of UAV platforms
- Manufacture of detail components as required
- Maintain build records
- Health and Safety process adherence and reporting
- Self-Certification of work completed
- Continuous Improvement of the production system
- Contribution to problem solving and corrective action delivery
- Safe handling and protection of very fragile and flexible components
Essential Skills & Experience:
As a Mechanical Manufacturing Technician, you should be able to demonstrate a knowledge of Aerospace production quality standards and have the ability to read and understand engineering drawings as well as interpreting requirements into finished products. You will have a time served apprenticeship in mechanical or composites manufacture as well as hands-on experience of composites assembly / production techniques.
Demonstrated experience of pro-actively solving technical problems will be required as well as experience of close tolerance assembly techniques and standards.
You must be able to work flexibly as part of a fantastic team, be conscious of quality working methods and be organised in your approach to tasks. You will enjoy using your own initiative and be able to work unsupervised, have a passion for providing advice and technical input to the design team and peers - and also be able to coach and mentor new team members.
- IT Skills appropriate for the role
- Conducting and recording of structural tests
- Academic qualifications in a mechanical or production engineering discipline
- Skilled pattern and mould tool maker using various materials and methods
- Skilled composites laminator, specifically high-quality low mass components
- Able to obtain UK SC Clearance
If you have the skills, expertise and passion to succeed, we'd really like to hear from you. To be considered for this position, please apply today.
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.