Do you have a background in law enforcement? Are you looking for a new role to widen and diversify your experience? If yes, Luton Borough...
Social Work (Permanent Opportunities)
£40,756 - £52,446 (depending on experience - includes generous market rate supplement* and a £4k to £6k welcome payment**)
* £6,000 for Social Workers and Experienced Social Workers, £4,600 for Advanced Practitioners
** £6,000 (Assessment, Family Support, Children with Disabilities); £4,000 (Fostering, Leaving Care)
As part of the transformation of Children's Services, Bedford want to redefine the world of Social Work and are committed to finding the kindest, bravest and brightest people who can help them to deliver this vision. With additional investment into practical resources and a commitment to staff development through a clear career progression scheme, there has never been a more exciting time to consider a career with Bedford Borough Council.
In a bid to attract and retain the best staff, we are offering competitive salaries, relocation packages and welcome bonuses to successful candidates, ensuring that we recognise the value of staff who put Children and Young People 'at the heart of everything we do'.
We are currently recruiting Social Workers, Experienced Social Workers and Advanced Social Work Practitioners to join the following teams:
- Family Support
- Children with Disabilities
- Leaving Care
You will have a degree in Social Work or other qualification equal to, and:
- Successful completion of the Assessed and Supported Year in Employment or the Children's Workforce Development Council's Newly Qualified Social Worker programme
- Experience relevant to the level of Social Work role you're applying for (minimum one year)
- Registration with the HCPC
Your role will depend on which team you join and which level you apply for, however, the core responsibilities will include:
- By building effective relationships with children, young people and their families/carers you will help elicit their needs and views and promote participation in decision making
- Undertake assessments in accordance with statutory/regulatory and operational standards, policy and procedures for the service
- Planning, implementing and reviewing a range of interventions for children, young people and families/carers in accordance with statutory/regulatory and operational standards, policy and procedures for the service
- Managing a workload independently, seeking support and suggesting solutions for workload difficulties
- Maintaining accurate, up to date records safely and confidentially in accordance with Bedford Council's policies and procedures
- £4,000- £6,000 Welcome Payment*
- £4,600-£6,000 Market Rate Supplement on top of salary
- £2,000 Retention Bonus after four years
- Relocation Scheme up to £8,000 for eligible candidates
- Minimum of 26 days annual leave rising to 31 days after 5 years local government service
- A Tablet-mode Laptop and Phone
- Flexible working hours and patterns to help maintain work life balance, with a Flexi-time Scheme
- Plus many other employee benefits
* £6,000 (Assessment, Family Support, Children with Disabilities); £4,000 (Fostering, Leaving Care)
Refer a Friend
Know someone who might be perfect for one of these roles? Why not get in touch and send us their CV? £250 in High Street Vouchers paid for candidates who are successfully appointed.
If this sounds like you, and you're interested in taking your next step towards a fantastic opportunity with Bedford Council, please apply today.
Send your CV to Avril.Jenkins@guidantglobal.com or send an email to find out more
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Global is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.