Supply Chain Analyst Development 30-35k Royston Perm The Supply Chain Development Analyst will identify opportunities for process development within the supply chain operation and will...
15 month FTC
£35k plus benefits
The Buyer will support the Refining and Chemical business providing professional sourcing, negotiation and contract implementation services, to the manufacturing operation, covering both direct and indirect categories. Ensure that an exceptional quality of service is provided by the vendor and contractor base at the same time as delivering high value and significant year on year cost reductions.
Main Duties for this role will include -
- Adhere to any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of self, staff and visitors
- Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
- Support the purchasing function and other relevant departments and communicate any supply problems which may impact on business operations
- Provide analysis on costs, new and existing and review cost reduction activities
- Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
- Review market place to determine potential alternative products and suppliers
- Prepare and raise purchase orders and order schedules
- Prepare tender documents and manage tender process through to completion
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and contribute to performance reviews to ensure contract compliance
- Routinely monitor outstanding purchase orders and take appropriate actions to progress in order to meet deadlines set by production.
You will need to gain relationships with the following -
Procurement Team, Vendors and Contractors, Purchasing Manager, Material controllers, Supply Chain Team, Head of Engineering and Lead Engineers, Operations Director and Production Managers
The incumbent will be expected to work at both the Royston and Brimsdown sites as required. However, Brimsdown will be the main site. They may also be expected to travel overseas on occasions.
The work environment is mainly office based but will need to frequently visit all production areas both pyrometallurgical and hydrometallurgical
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Global is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.