Customer Service Advisor, Liverpool, Perm, from £17,576 to £18 000, 22nd January 2018, Fantastic Opportunity. We're currently looking for a number of outgoing, friendly individuals...
Buyer ; Chemical Manufacturing Company ; Enfield ; £30,000-£40,000
My client are an FTSE 100 specialty chemicals manufacturing business based in the Enfield area. The company are renowned globally for their world class, and they are true market leaders within their field, possessing an overall share of £6.4 billion.
The client is looking for an experienced Buyer to come in and source, and negotiate optimum prices for products to support the manufacturing facility. You will have a lot of responsibility in respects of ensuring that all relevant suppliers deliver a high quality service as well as being targeted on adding value and reducing costs.
Key Duties will include but won't be limited to:
- Procurement of goods/services within set budgets, quality requirements, and agreed timescales.
- Analyse costs, and implement cost reduction solutions.
- Negotiation of contracts and TOBs with suppliers.
- Regularly evaluate the market to find alternative products and suppliers.
- Prepare and process POs and other tender documents.
- Overall management of supplier relationships, assessing supplier performance.
Skills & Experience
- Degree in Business/Commercial/Engineering discipline.
- Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply Chain (CIPS) qualification.
- Manufacturing background.
- You will have worked in a Buying role previously with Supplier facing exposure.
- Computer literate, advanced Excel skills in particular.
- Able to build relationships with staff, key stakeholders as well as suppliers.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Methodical, Analytical, and able to prioritise high workloads.
- Commercially savvy.
- Responds well to pressure.
If the role sounds like something you might be interested in then why not apply? If you would like some more information then please email Jack Burgess at Jack.Burgess@guidantgroup.com or call 01763 254 850 to discuss further.
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.