Maintenance Team Leader NON SMOKER perm Brimsdown shift work nights and days- There is a requirement to work a 12-hour day shift pattern (including weekends)...
Buyer (Maternity Cover)
Royston - 9 months - £35k
Our client based in Royston, Herts is a large international chemical manufacturer. The organisation specialises in refining precious metal materials, putting them through a highly technical and rigorous chemical process. The company is looking for an experienced Buyer to cover a period of Maternity cover for 9 months initially.
In this role, you will be tasked with sourcing, negotiating, and implementing Engineering services and goods. You will also contribute towards the monitoring of supplier performance.
- Purchase of Engineering services.
- Liaise with other departments, communicating any issues which may affect business operations.
- Analyse costs and review cost saving activities.
- Negotiate prices with suppliers, remaining up to date with market rates to inform negotiations.
- Maintain good relations with suppliers, continually assess supplier performance.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Substantial Procurement experience within a Manufacturing environment. Ideally within Chemical manufacturing.
- Indirect Purchasing experience. You must have worked with Suppliers previously.
- CIPS Qualification would be advantageous but not essential.
- You must also be IT Literate, Excellent at communicating, and you must be a strong planner.
If this sounds like the role for you then please apply. Otherwise if you have any questions then please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jack Burgess on 01763 254 850.
Guidant is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.