An exciting opportunity has come up for an international organisation for a temporary Finance Manager.Responsibility:Ensuring the general accounting processes are completed timely and accurately for...
Perm - Royston
alternating shifts 6.00 to 18.00 and 7.30 to 20.00; Initial starting on days
We are currently recruiting for the Analytical Chemist support to our team in Royston, to work as part of the Instrumentation Analysis Team (IAT) preparing and analysing samples for the Refining and Chemicals business.
The successful candidate will be conducting analysis by using safe established methods and strict adherence to procedure. The majority of the analysis performed is of a routine nature and is targeted at the quickest possible turnaround time.
- To analyse samples submitted using approved procedures with due regards to; accuracy and precision and required delivery times
- To ensure the work is performed at minimum cost by making efficient use of time, equipment, instruments and materials
- To ensure all regulations regarding Environment Health & Safety and security are strictly observed.
- To attend approved training courses as requested, complete on-line L&D courses as well as actively participate in receiving analytical skills training and assessment.
- Ensure required standards of housekeeping and workplace efficiency are maintained using 5S and Lean methodology as appropriate.
- Establish and maintain all necessary communication links within and outside the Laboratory to help ensure good customer service is maintained
- To carry out any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
- Ideally Chemistry based HNC / degree or equivalent / minimum A level chemistry
- Analytical Degree would be desirable
- Trained & assessed in Laboratory skills
- Good Organisational skills, prioritisation
- Understanding of the requirements of ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO17025
- Good command in the use of Microsoft Office including Outlook
- High level of numeracy, and attention to detail
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously and keep accurate records
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good Health and Safety Awareness
Initially trained on days, the position will then move onto shift pattern (5,4,5,5,4,5,5 on days, rotating on a shift start time of 6.00 to 18:30 and 7:30 to 20:00).
Guidant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.