An exciting opportunity has come up for an international organisation for a temporary Finance Manager.Responsibility:Ensuring the general accounting processes are completed timely and accurately for...
Purpose of Role/Job Overview
An exciting opportunity for a commercial manager to assist and support the ever-growing client alterations team to provide commercial and QS support, in quoting and implementing alterations and enhancements to client offices. Projects range from one off small changes to whole scale fit-outs of entire floors.
The Commercial Manager will work directly with the CA team and be responsible for estimating, pre-pricing/budgeting and then firming up costs for client alteration works. The CM will also be responsible for managing the budgets and costs, through the delivery process, across several projects. The Commercial Manager will work closely as part of a tight knit team, to support the business needs for providing fast, reliable commercial information for client works and may also be expected to work independently, be pro-active, take initiative, be client facing and help, as required. The role will also involve working with the Clients projects team in the handover process, as a new building development comes to an end and the building becomes operational and there is a requirement to change and enhance spaces for new clients.
- Reporting into the Head of Client Alterations
- Developing a thorough knowledge of the Clients portfolio and the intricacies of what works can and can't be carried out in certain buildings and in what way
- Liaising with the Clients operational team and possibly directly with clients to understand the brief
- Liaising with Clients landlords to ensure that what clients want to achieve is possible and practical
- To provide initial budget cost plans and then firm costs, in a timely manner to support the PM and Ops/Sales team in delivering what the client wants
- Technical appraisals of prospective requirements to guide most appropriate solution
- Working closely with the finance team on reporting revenue and profit and ensuring best value in procuring works and that clients are being billed in the correct way
- Prepare works presentations in close collaboration with the team
- Working closely with the design team to develop most effective solutions to deliver an enhanced client experience in the delivery alterations
- Oversee the commercial management of the implementation process
- Review variations alongside the PD/PM on each project prior to instruction.
- Oversee the financial close out of projects
Property / Construction / Quantity surveying related degree
Recently qualified MRICS
- Understanding of current market rates
- An understanding of different construction methods
- Ability to identify / propose more cost- efficient alternative.
- M&E services experience
- Good understanding of measurement principles and their application.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritise duties.
- Attention to detail.
- Previous experience in Microsoft packages such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook as well as the ability to learn new Software.
- Proactive approach
3-5 years' experience in Construction performing commercial duties.
Commercial Office experience
Client facing experience
The successful candidate should have personal skills and qualities necessary to interact with others in the workplace, and complete assignments well and on time.
- Team player
- Strong attention to detail
- Time management
Guidant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.