Engine Test Technician - Royston - £21,000-£23,000
Our client based here in Royston is a manufacturer of Catalysts for the Automotive sector, supplying to a wide range of the world's leading car manufacturers. They are estimated to supply approximately one third of Autocatalysts for light duty vehicles. The hiring company is a FTSE 100 organisation with 200 sites worldwide, and are very serious about creating opportunities for it's people to develop and progress within.
About the Role:
Our client has opportunities available for Engine Test Technicians to join the team based here in Royston. The purpose of these roles is to operate and support state of the art, modern Engine Test facilities. The engines run complicated test cycles whilst emissions are measured with advanced analysis equipment.
No prior experience in engine testing is required as training will be given. What is required is an interest in technology, good mechanical aptitude, attention to detail and a willingness to learn.
- Prepare and operate the assigned engine test equipment according to quality standards and testing schedules.
- Follow the defined test bed operation, maintenance and calibration procedures; ensuring these are followed in order to maintain test quality and customer confidence.
- Maintain test records through use of electronic test cells logs.
- Verify results of test output to ensure they adhere to customer requirements. Identify and resolve any unusual results or issues.
- Identify and initiate test modifications, improvements, and development.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Qualification (HND/HNC/BTECH/Degree) in an engineering or other technical subject? You may experience working in an industrial laboratory testing environment or similar.
- Able to demonstrate a hands-on, mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent attention to detail, a team-player, and pro-active worker.
- Good level of IT skills.
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn.
If this sounds like you then why not apply? Otherwise if you have any questions then please call Jack Burgess on 01763 254 850 or email Jack.Burgess@guidantgroup.com to find out more.
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.