Recovery Plant Team leader; Royston, Hertfordshire; Permanent role; Competitive salary and excellent benefits packageOur client, a large international and world leading company in precious metal...
Instrument Technician - £29,000-£36,000
Our client, a large international and world leading company in refining and chemical production are currently recruiting for an Instrument Technician to join the maintenance team in Royston.
Working within the Maintenance Team and reporting to the Team Leader, the majority of your time will be spent on instrumentation tasks, including repairs, calibration and testing - but will also include minor project work and assisting in additional maintenance duties where priorities require.
- Ensure the ongoing reliability and accuracy of instrumentation across the plants
- Ensure calibrations are kept up to date and recorded
- Identify and report and current or potential issues
- Liaise with the maintenance team leader to agree work priorities
- Carry out Plant Modification work to help enhance both plant safety and efficiency
- Support the projects teams at initial design stages to offer advice on the correct selection of plant
- Ensure that all relevant department administration such as time sheets, work orders, stores purchase requisitions etc are completed
- Carry out statutory and another testing on site to help maintain both ISO 9001 & ISO 14001 accreditation
Our ideal candidate:
- An electrical/control based qualification to HNC level is essential
- Experience in HV Networks would be an advantage
- ECI experience in a manufacturing / chemical industry within a maintenance function
- Experience in safety related control systems and functional safety
- Good safety and environmental awareness
- Customer and performance focused
- Excellent communicator and positive can do attitude
You will be required to work a rotating shift pattern working 5 days (7.00am - 19.00pm) with following four days off.
Due to the nature of this role applicants must be non-smokers and have been free from nicotine products for at least 3 months.
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.