One of the leading manufacturers of construction equipment worldwide, JCB is looking for skilled forklift truck drivers to join our cutting edge site near to...
Our FTSE 100 global client in Royston is in urgent need of Warehouse Managers. This would be to work on various rotating shift patterns and will initially be for three months.
- To provide leadership and support to the Warehouse and Transportation team to ensure targets and goals are aligned and achieved.
- To effectively manage the warehouse function, ie inbound logistics, material sourcing and supply, warehousing and stock control.
- To ensure all products are despatched and transported in an efficient and economic manner appropriate to the company. Adherence must be met in terms of legal requirements, security and insurance policy, customer requirements and cost objectives, and using carriers that have been vetted and are approved
- To coach, mentor and develop the warehouse and transport teams
- Build strong relationships across the supply chain function and throughout the wider business
- Support the development of the Central logistics strategy
- Incident investigation with route cause analysis and conclusion
- Efficient management of the warehouses avoiding disruptions to the production process and ensuring on time delivery to the customers
Skills and Experience
- Transportation management experience in a continuous production environment
- Highly developed understanding of import/export legislation, including duties, tariff codes and Incoterms.
- Strong IT skills - SAP would be beneficial
- Experience in managing a team
- Excellent analytic skills
- In-depth understanding of the regulatory issues surrounding this type of function
- European transport experience
- Knowledge of route planning optimisation
- Knowledge of health and safety and vehicle procedures and legislation.
We currently have both Monday to Friday and weekend shift patterns available, the hours for Monday to Friday are as follows:
- Week 1 - 14:00-22:15 (Monday to Friday)
- Week 2 - 06:00-14:15 (Monday to Friday)
- Week 3 - 22:00-06:15 (Sunday to Thursday)
For weekend shift patterns:
- Week 1 - 4 day shifts (Thursday - Sunday) or (Saturday - Tuesday) this does include some 12 hours shifts.
- Week 2 - 3 night shifts (Friday - Sunday)
If you feel you have the relevant skills and are available to start working please apply today!
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.