Warehouse Leader TEMP 3 months 30k with a shift allowanceNights and days The main duties for this role will be managing available resources and a...
Our FTSE 100 global client in Royston is in urgent need of Weekend Warehouse Team Leaders. This would be to work on rotating weekend shift patterns and will initially be for three months.
- Managing available resources and a team of warehouse personnel to ensure continuity of supply to production and associated departments while maintaining a safe and controlled environment.
- Co-ordinating the movement and quality inspection of products across multiple locations to meet despatch schedules in line with customer expectations
- Deputising for the Warehouse supervisor in their absence.
- To ensure that all palletised and boxed product are moved and stored as directed by the
- production plan and sharepoint (icat) requests.
- Daily liaison with Logistics team and Production Shift Leaders to ensure awareness of demands
- Facilitate the timely physical and system (SAP) receipt of all inbound material.
- Work with the Customer service & Transport team to ensure the accurate despatch of finished product and other planned shipments in line with customer expectation.
- Ensure housekeeping policy is maintained across all warehousing and that routine 5s audits are carried out.
- Ensure all work is carried out with due regard to Health and Safety requirements and that all security regulations are followed as per company procedures.
- Store raw materials and products carefully with consideration for material characteristics and hazards.
- Maintain Asset care register for all department equipment raising repair / support requests as necessary
- Review and replenishment of Warehouse and production consumable items
- Setting, review and progression of team annual objectives in line with department and business unit goals
- Incident investigation with route cause analysis and conclusion
Skills and Experience
- MHE experience (Fork Lift Trucks)
- Lean Manufacturing (One Piece Flow)
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to supervise people
For weekend shift patterns:
- Week 1 - 4 day shifts (Thursday - Sunday) or (Saturday - Tuesday) this does include some 12 hours shifts.
- Week 2 - 3 night shifts (Friday - Sunday)
If you feel you have the relevant skills and are available to start working please apply today!
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.