Would you like to work in a rewarding Manufacturing Technician role with a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services?If so, we have some...
We are looking for a highly skilled and professional Controls Software Engineer to support the Engineering team for our client based in Brimsdown, Enfield.
As part of the role you'll be responsible for designing, developing, installing, managing and/or maintaining equipment and software which is used to monitor and control engineering systems, machinery and processes.
The ideal candidate will have skills in specific control disciplines such as advanced process control (APC), distributed control systems (DCS), programmable logic controllers (PLC) and supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA).
- Support the projects team at initial design stages to offer advice on the correct selection of plant and equipment to ensure improved levels of future plant reliability and maintainability designing, developing, installing, managing and/or maintaining equipment and software.
- Implement and continually review the controls strategy to ensure business needs current and future are met.
- Implement recognised standards with regards alarm management and safety related control functions so that process safety is delivered.
- Support Operations and the Engineering team in fault finding and troubleshooting during breakdowns, support Root Cause Analysis investigations and to support the delivery of Plant Mods and Capital Projects.
- Carry out statutory and other testing on site to help maintain both ISO9001 & ISO14001 accreditation.
- Take ownership of your own training and development plans to ensure continued development of your own skills and expertise, undertaking additional training skills to keep abreast of technology changes and the changing needs of the business.
Are you the ideal candidate, do you have?
- Significant experience in chemical or similar a process industry
- Hold the equivalent of a City & Guilds level 3 qualification (or higher) in a relevant subject
- Knowledge and experience with the following: Windows Server 2007, Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Active Directory, Terminal services and Thin client architecture and administration
- Experience in developing, specifying, purchasing, installing & configuring future upgrades
Due to the nature of the business you will need to be a non-smoker and be free of any nicotine products for the past three months. You will also need to undertake a credit check, DBS and provide five years worth of work references.
If you feel you have the right skills for the role, please apply today.
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.