Heathrow is the UK's biggest international airport and one of the world's major hub airports. They provide the facilities and services for over 80 airlines...
Heathrow is the UK's biggest international airport and one of the world's major hub airports. They provide the facilities and services for over 80 airlines flying around 75 million passengers a year to over 180 destinations worldwide and play an important economic role connecting the whole of the UK to global growth. There are over 76,000 people working across the airport in thousands of different roles and for hundreds of different companies.
This is a chance to further your career in an organisation that matters to millions. To join a city within a city - to create great experiences for the 210,000 (and counting) passengers who pass through Heathrow's doors each day. Life with Heathrow means exploring unlimited opportunities and making a real difference to people who are travelling to all sorts of places for all sorts of different reasons.
Be part of the 78 million passenger journeys we make happen each year. An incredibly important part.
- Work with Executive Directors and their Leadership Teams to create and deliver the 18 to 24- month people plans, to ensure return on people investment activities are maximised in the short to medium term.
- Work in partnership with the leadership teams in the development and improvement of colleague, team and function performance.
- Coach, challenge and influence business leaders to raise the bar on performance across the function and drive highly engaged teams.
- Interpret the business areas plans, diagnose the people implications and translate that into a clear people strategy.
- Provide trusted expert advice and support on a range of People activity by engaging and working collaboratively with our Areas of Excellence. (reward, employee relations, talent and development, people services.)
- Support the leadership teams to build a high-performance culture, aligned to Heathrow Behaviours and Values
- Liaise with the other BPs in the People Function to drive consistency across the business and to share best practice
- Develop the strategic workforce plans for the business unit through analysis of current resource and talent levels, including the future skill demands, in collaboration with resourcing and talent team
- Drive the talent management agenda through working with Functional leaders and their teams to build a strong pipeline of future leaders and create sustainable succession planning
- Deliver and implement change management projects in line with best practice. Ensuring that change is well managed, outcomes are sustained and benefits are realised.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Demonstrable business partnering experience with senior leadership teams with a proven track record of coaching and developing individuals, teams, functions to higher performance
- Experience and knowledge of all aspects of HR including Employee Relations, Organisational Design, Resourcing, Talent Management and Reward preferably in a unionised environment
- Experience of delivering of robust, commercial HR solutions across a complex environment
- In depth experience in managing and embedding Change from an HR perspective
- Relevant HR qualification or equivalent work experience
- Ability to work with ambiguity, with strong resilience and determination to succeed in challenging business environments
- Excellent collaborator, with the ability to constructively challenge and influence to achieve the best business result
- Ability to understand business needs, and understand the way in which the functions interface and interact with each other as well as wider business
- Commercial drive and acumen including knowledge of financial, market and customer trends affecting the business
- Sound judgement, able to read situations, apply discretion and clear thought to resolve them
- Good working knowledge and understanding of HR legislation, principles, policies and procedures and ability to translate this into pragmatic and practical HR advice
Join Heathrow, and you'll have everything you need to shine and explore the countless career destinations that are available.
As an equal opportunities employer, Heathrow encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Heathrow believes that diverse talent makes them stronger - not least because they welcome all sorts of passengers from all corners of the globe, every single day. At Heathrow, they are driven by inclusivity and they celebrate individuality.
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.