Heathrow is the UK's biggest international airport and one of the world's major hub airports. They provide the facilities and services for over 80 airlines...
Heathrow is the UK's biggest international airport and one of the world's major hub airports. They provide the facilities and services for over 80 airlines flying around 75 million passengers a year to over 180 destinations worldwide and play an important economic role connecting the whole of the UK to global growth. There are over 76,000 people working across the airport in thousands of different roles and for hundreds of different companies.
This is a chance to further your career in an organisation that matters to millions. To join a city within a city - to create great experiences for the 210,000 (and counting) passengers who pass through Heathrow's doors each day. Life with Heathrow means exploring unlimited opportunities and making a real difference to people who are travelling to all sorts of places for all sorts of different reasons.
Be part of the 78 million passenger journeys we make happen each year. An incredibly important part.
Your role will involve:
- Managing the day to day application of contract related policies & assurance processes, policies and tools throughout strategy formulation, tendering, negotiating, drafting and letting of contracts with suppliers, to facilitate and ensure compliance with internal governance and relevant legislation and regulations.
- Managing the process for the execution of all contractual documents within Procurement and the effectiveness of the processes designed to store and extract information from executed contracts.
- Being responsible for undertaking the monitoring of contract compliance with internal governance.
- Coordinating and undertaking contract audit exercises.
- Supporting the Contract Services Manager in the development and delivery of a business stakeholder engagement and education strategy to include regular training, support and advice.
- Managing the execution of all contractual documents within Procurement, advising on the risk status prior to signature and ensuring all key data is captured and fed in the Contracts Register/ Database to facilitate the use of such data to produce relevant reports.
We're looking for people who have:
- Graduate level supported by professional qualifications of commercial or legal bias or able to demonstrate equivalent capability coupled with experience in procurement.
- Demonstrable experience (2+ years) of writing and managing contracts for the provision of goods, works and services in the public or private sector.
- Strong and effective written and oral communication skills evidencing the ability to interact and influence at all levels of the business. Experience of working at different levels within a complex organisation.
- Good understanding of contract law and good working knowledge of different forms of contract for goods, works and services. Experience of managing contractual queries and operating contractual administration processes and systems.
- Experience in developing and/or implementing policies and processes incl. delivering user training.
- Very good IT skills, with proficient use of Microsoft Office suite such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio and MS Projects; ability to use Enterprise-wide information systems.
Join Heathrow, and you'll have everything you need to shine and explore the countless career destinations that are available.
As an equal opportunities employer, Heathrow encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Heathrow believes that diverse talent makes them stronger - not least because they welcome all sorts of passengers from all corners of the globe, every single day. At Heathrow, they are driven by inclusivity and they celebrate individuality.
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.