MI and Planning AnalystJoin us. You'll fit right in. Our client is a UK based FCA regulated organisation is a leading provider of...
Heathrow is the UK's biggest international airport and one of the world's major hub airports. They provide the facilities and services for over 80 airlines flying around 75 million passengers a year to over 180 destinations worldwide and play an important economic role connecting the whole of the UK to global growth. There are over 76,000 people working across the airport in thousands of different roles and for hundreds of different companies.
This is a chance to further your career in an organisation that matters to millions. To join a city within a city - to create great experiences for the 210,000 (and counting) passengers who pass through Heathrow's doors each day. Life with Heathrow means exploring unlimited opportunities and making a real difference to people who are travelling to all sorts of places for all sorts of different reasons.
Be part of the 78 million passenger journeys we make happen each year. An incredibly important part.
Your role will involve:
Supporting the Head of Tax in creating good relations with HMRC including attendance at regular meetings with them and dealing with correspondence and enquiries.
Monitoring best practice and changes in tax legislation and ensuring that opportunities and risks are assessed and making changes to existing practice incorporated in Heathrow core processes and procedures.
- Being the Principal point of contact in relation to statutory and management accounting involving taxation.
- Managing and being jointly responsible for preparation of group and entity tax figures and disclosures for inclusion in the statutory / management accounts on a UK GAAP and IFRS basis, in conjunction with others.
- Reviewing and advising on the tax rates and cashflows included in the group's long term model.
- Ensuring that appropriate controls and data integrity checks are adopted and implemented.
We're looking for people who have:
- Qualified ACA or CTA graduate with at least five years PQE
- Big 4 background, with substantial corporate tax and PLC experience and exposure to treasury issues including derivatives and loan relationships.
- Good communicator, able to work with senior customers on a one-to-one basis but equally adept at presenting complex tax issues to more junior staff.
- Detailed knowledge and practical experience of tax accounting under IFRS and UK GAAP
- Strong IT skills and an expert knowledge of tax software (Excel, SAP-BPC, Onesource)
- Commercial approach to tax matters and capable of providing clear advice and direction to customers at all times.
Join Heathrow, and you'll have everything you need to shine and explore the countless career destinations that are available.
As an equal opportunities employer, Heathrow encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Heathrow believes that diverse talent makes them stronger - not least because they welcome all sorts of passengers from all corners of the globe, every single day. At Heathrow, they are driven by inclusivity and they celebrate individuality.
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.