A fantastic opportunity has risen for an, bright and dedicated Planning Operations Manager (Business Support permanent) working for a huge public sector organisation based in...
Guidant Group currently have exciting opportunities for Shift Leaders to join our clients production facilities to lead and manage committed teams and drive delivery against production plans whilst ensuring customers' specifications and requirements are met. Within a fast paced environment, you will focus on EHS, Plant Quality, Lean, and Continuous Improvement whilst also coaching and developing your teams. Working a Late, Early and Night or Weekend shift, this really is a great opportunity to help to ensure we continue to make todays products with greater efficiency, reducing waste and preparing the way for the Royston plant to make the next generation of emissions controls products into the future.
- Ensure a proactive and responsible approach to EHS is adhered to across the plant areas.
- Maintain a high level of Quality and conformance to specification of the product manufactured by ensuring standard work is followed.
- Undertake forward planning and scheduling to ensure optimum organisation of resources across the production areas, to increase overall plant efficiencies and minimising downtime.
- Supporting, coaching and developing a team of Line Leaders, managing the team performance and team outputs effectively to drive employee engagement within Production.
- Coach and drive continuous improvement within the team using the Lean Manufacturing methodologies.
- Accountable for creating and driving collaborative and positive working environments within the production facilities.
- Communicate with other Shift Leaders and Management teams to ensure learning and consistency between shifts.
Are you the ideal candidate? You will have/be:
- Previous line management experience within a manufacturing production environment, with demonstrable experience coaching, developing and performance managing team members.
- Possess a strong working knowledge of manufacturing and the related underlying theories and concepts.
- Strong decision making and problem solving abilities as well as excellent organisational and planning skills.
- A working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement methodologies.
- Good communication skills both verbally and written.
- A competent user of Microsoft Office packages and JD Edwards, SAP ERP systems may be beneficial.
Please note, the successful candidate will be required to provide 3 years of employment history and also undergo a credit check.
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.