Syngenta are currently looking to recruit an Herbicide Screening Experimentalist to join our global agrochemical company based in the Berkshire area. Syngenta have a global presence, hiring over 37'000 people across various countries. Syngenta take pride in being market leaders in the improvement of sustainable living, the use of land space and developing natural based products promoting clean crop production.
As a Herbicide Screening Experimentalist you will be contributing to the invention and development of novel herbicidal active ingredients. You will work within the Screening Operations team and will be required to spray, maintain and assess herbicide bioassays, using established and novel weed screening methods. Producing biology data to enable projects decisions to be taken.
- Maintain plants under glasshouse conditions for the duration of the test.
- Assist in evaluating plants for herbicidal symptomology and activity.
- Entering results into relevant database.
- Proactively suggest changes and improvements to the screening methods and processes.
- Ensure that all work carried out is within the companies policies on record keeping and HSE.
- Be educated to A level or equivalent within a biology or plant based subject.
- Knowledge and understanding of herbicides or agrochemicals and their use in either a Glasshouse or field setting, would be desirable.
- Strong team player, able to work well within a team environment and communicate effectively both verbally and written.
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.