Our client is looking for a management accountant until the end of May. This is a leading and well known organisation where you can add...
Junior Clinical Associate for the Medical team in Novartis Oncology - 12 month Graduate opportunity - Novartis
Are you keen to join a supportive team in cutting edge Medical Oncology?
A global healthcare leader, Novartis Oncology has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A channel of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. Novartis has been certified as one of the Top Employers in the United Kingdom 2018 for the fifth consecutive year and are ranked #3 as one of Fortune's most admired pharmaceutical companies - our 14th year in the top three. At Novartis, creativity and diversity are encouraged, effort is recognised, success is celebrated and people feel valued and listened to.
This is an exciting opportunity for a life science graduate seeking a career within the pharmaceutical industry. Novartis view these opportunities as an investment in future talent.
This is a role within the Medical Affairs Excellence Team and would suit an innovative individual who can make the job their own, build their knowledge to become an expert, be proactive in developing and sharing new ideas, make things happen and who is willing to take responsibility for their own work.
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Interview dates: Following a telephone interview, face-to-face interviews of selected candidates will take place between 21st - 25th January 2019 in Camberley, Surrey.
Start date: February 2019
Degree / relevant disciplines: GRADUATES only: - Life Science
Closing Date: 10th January 2019
The successful candidate will join the Oncology Medical Affairs Excellence Team and will be responsible for the day to day management of Managed Access Programme (MAPs) for the Oncology Division.
Managed Access Programme enables access to medicines outside the commercial or clinical trial setting, for treatment of a serious or life threatening condition where access to a comparable / satisfactory alternative treatment is not available.
The Junior Clinical Associate (JCA) in this role will manage requests from clinicians and work with medical team to review, approve or decline the request, will ensure relevant paperwork is completed prior to providing drug and will collaborate with global drug supply or local commercial supply team to ensure accurate forecasting and continuous drug supply is available and to track MAPs. The JSA in this role will be mentored by a Clinical Trial Manager.
The JCA appointed in this role will also have the opportunity to get involved in some aspects of Non-interventional studies and Investigator Initiated Trials under the supervision of a Clinical Trial Manager.
Working in the Novartis Oncology Medical Affairs Excellence team involves a high degree of collaboration with different roles/functions: Medical Advisors, Clinical Trial Managers, Junior Scientific Advisors, Medical Director, Global Drug Supply, local Commercial Drug Supply, Med info to name but a few.
Novartis cultivate an inclusive and engaging high-performance environment that values and leverage's diversity.
Relevant Qualifications and Registrations:
Life science degree
Skills - We are looking for an individual who can meet the following criteria:
- Proactivity - taking responsibility and driving activities/initiatives to a successful conclusion
- Innovation - looking to innovate or adapt ideas to find better solutions
- Collaboration - working within cross-functional, cross-divisional and occasionally European and Global teams
- Customer focused - delivering MAP requests/projects and activities to internal and external groups, ensuring pro-activity, awareness and responsiveness to their needs
- Results focused - achieving goals and contributing to cross-functional teams
- Change agility - keeping abreast of new processes, procedures and laws and regulations
- Communication - to external stakeholders (pharmacists, clinicians, research nurses, vendors), internal stakeholders, adapting their wording and style to suit
- Attention to detail - able to work accurately, efficiently and in an organised manner
- Leadership - having the presence to be focused and motivated in an area that is potentially repetitive but highly rewarding
The successful candidates will benefit from:
- Open door, approachable culture at all levels
- Team oriented atmosphere
- Good work, life balance
- Cutting edge science
- International workforce
- Talent development from within
- Making a difference to patients' lives
Please ensure that you are willing and able to live within commutable distance of the company site before applying. This placement is located in Camberley, Surrey but the office will be relocating to White City, London in January 2020. Guidant are managing the recruitment for this placement at our client's request, therefore we ask that applications are made through our website please.
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Global is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.