Do you have a background in law enforcement? Are you looking for a new role to widen and diversify your experience? If yes, Luton Borough...
Do you have a background in law enforcement? Are you looking for a new role to widen and diversify your experience? If yes, Luton Borough Council have the perfect job for you!
This is an ideal time for you to joint us, Luton has ambitions to transform itself with exciting developments planned, including a £1.5 billion investment to regenerate the town and a vision to grow its airport it is set to become one of the fasting growing economies in the region. Interest in the town has never been greater with a growing list of businesses locating here. It is incredibly well connected, situated just off the M1 motorway and very close to the M25. London Luton Airport flies to over 100 destinations across Europe and has three railway stations that can get you to the centre of London in less than 30 minutes.
If you want to make a positive, tangible difference and develop your career in public protection and enforcement, this is the ideal opportunity.
About the role
As part of our Neighbourhood Enforcement Team, you will undertake high levels of enforcement activity across the Borough in a range of environmental crimes and anti-social behaviour. The work is challenging and rewarding and plays a really important role in our priority of keeping Luton safe, keeping Luton tidy.
You will undertake uniformed pro-active patrols to identify issues and deploy a range of regulatory and enforcement tools to tackle issues quickly and effectively.
You will work closely with other council departments and outside agencies like the Police to find solutions to local issues and will have a visible role dealing directly with members of the public.
You will be required to work shift patterns of 8am to 4pm and 2pm to 10pm, with working required every other Saturday with hours of 12pm to 8pm.
For your efforts, you will be rewarded with a salary between £24,964 to £27,668 and generous benefits package, including;
- 1.3 time for weekdays after 7pm and 1.5 time for weekend hours
- Flexible/agile working arrangements
- Childcare vouchers (salary sacrifice scheme)
- Generous holiday entitlement (26 days increasing to 31 days after 5 year's service)
- Local government pension with generous employer contribution
- Excellent support and development
- Relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- Half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- Discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is also proud to support the Key Worker Housing Scheme in helping and supporting eligible employees in finding suitable housing.
So, why not take a further look at Luton as your next career destination?
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Global is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.