Bristol City Council requires a reactive, professional and autonomous Senior Administrator to support a team in preparation for the new Data Protection ruling. Location: Bristol...
Reablement Support Worker Luton £17,419 pro rata
Do you want to make a difference?
Luton Council is looking for Reablement Support Workers to work closely with people who have suffered an accident or short-term illness, teaching them skills to enable them to perform everyday tasks and help them regain their confidence and independence. This is an incredibly rewarding role where you can gain valuable experience while helping to change someone's life.This is a 12-week temp position leading to a permanent role and is shift based, working 5 days out of 7, totalling 21 hours with potential additional hours.
- Undertake through individual care plans, personal, practical and rehabilitative duties to maximise individual's independence and well-being.
- Carry out therapeutic activity and skills practice in accordance with the agreed plan to improve and maintain mobility, daily living skills, transfer and building confidence.
- Encourage and support clients to maintain optimum independence that includes decision making, coping with loss, maintaining social contacts and activities and managing a safe home environment.
- Accurately communicate verbally, in writing and using IT systems according to the demands of the situation to ensure safe and effective service delivery and care plan reviews.
- Observe, record and report any changes in individual conditions and circumstances and ensure that they are reported to senior staff without delay, taking into account severity; urgency; policies; duties and responsibilities to ensure the health, well-being and safety of the individual.
- Researching information about the community, national resources, social activities; benefits advice, local services, cultural and religious support groups. Signpost customers to the appropriate provision.
- Be familiar with Equalities best practice and to implement this in all aspects of working practice. Ensure service provision is fair and equitable.
- Maintain and comply with local policies and national standards, including training and appraisal targets to continuously improve personal and service standards.
Skills & experience To succeed in this role you must have a full driving license and great communication skills with individuals, carers, relatives and professional colleagues. You will also be able to use own initiative when reporting concerns and acting on them. No experience necessary as full training can be provided.
If this sounds like an opportunity you'd be interested in, please apply today.
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.