Commercial Excellence Graduate12 month temporary contract Camberley, Surrey £24k pa / £12.30phAn excellent opportunity for a talented graduate at a global leader in genericsAbout SandozSandoz,...
Junior Market Access Assistant
12 month temporary contract Camberley, Surrey £24k pa / £12.30ph
The Novartis Oncology Market Access Team is looking for a candidate to help support our Market Access activities in ensuring access to our innovative medicines in the UK.
You will be a fully-integrated member of the team and will quickly gain an understanding of the business and the role of Market Access in delivering commercial and non-commercial objectives including:
- The development and delivery of health technology appraisal (HTA) strategies and submissions
- Commercial and pricing strategies
- Shaping the external environment
- Partnership with the NHS to improve patient care
The role would suit an individual who is eager to learn, is proactive in outlook: developing and sharing new ideas. They will be keen to take responsibility for making things happen, delivering to deadlines and working compliantly across the different functions within the team including Health Economic and Outcomes Research (HE OR), Commercial Marketing, Government Affairs and NHS Partnership. You will be supporting the HE OR team with key market access activities, including the preparation of briefing documents on pipeline products for horizon scanning purposes, the development of HTA strategies and the development of high quality evidence dossiers to UK reimbursement authorities (NICE, AWMSG, SMC), including development of commercial propositions to support appraisals and patient access. Supporting the Government and NHS Partnership team with activities such as the monitoring of policy developments, producing briefings, organising events and meetings with MPs, patient groups, government officials, hospital managers, Novartis global leadership and other key decision-makers.
Health Economics and Outcomes Research
- Support the HE OR Manager in the development of health technology appraisal (HTA) strategies and the development of high quality evidence dossiers by ensuring that appropriate project plans are developed and implemented.
- Monitor the HTA competitive landscape by providing feedback on NICE, SMC AWMSG timelines and outcomes of comparator appraisals
- To support the HE OR Manager in the development of responses to competitor appraisals.
- Produce horizon scanning updates to inform the UK Pharmascan system
- Project management to support market research projects, steering committee meetings, the development of advanced notification documents and roundtable discussions
- Preparation of presentations to support the above activities
- Preparation of monthly OLT updates
Government and NHS Partnership
- Carry out daily monitoring of relevant health policy news and produce topic summaries as needed.
- Support the Government and Policy Manager for England with compiling monthly Government Affairs reports.
- Organise Parliamentary events and stakeholder meetings drafting invitations and agendas, liaising with speakers and participants from partner organisations and encouraging MP attendance.
- Create reports and documents that track and publicise the value of joint working projects run in collaboration with NHS hospitals.
- Support the team in communicating about its activities to the wider Oncology Business Unit and managing documents through the internal approval process.
- Undertake discrete research projects to provide relevant background for Parliamentary events, stakeholder meetings and policy briefings.
- Support the Head of Government and NHS Partnership in the production of stakeholder briefings.
- Attend relevant external meetings and report to the team.
- Commercial Marketing
- Support the Commercial Marketing Manager to ensure good pricing governance across the Oncology Business Unit, to include supporting members of the marketing teams to prepare business cases for price change proposals
- Maintain the UK entries in the European pricing database
- Support the Commercial Marketing Manager in developing commercial proposals for the NHS, to include developing models to understand the financial impact
- Provide reporting back to NHS England or other devolved nations as part of commercial contract obligations
- Help the Commercial Marketing Manager in the preparation of Patient Access Scheme proposals to NICE and SMC.
We are looking for an individual who can meet the following criteria:
- A degree in Economics or Politics or Life Sciences
- High degree of numeracy
- IT literate particularly with Microsoft Office packages
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good organisational and project management skills
- Business acumen
- Team player
- A strong desire to develop capabilities and an openness to feedback
Please ensure that you are willing and able to live within commutable distance of the company site before applying. This placement is located in Camberley, Surrey. Guidant is managing the recruitment for this placement at our client's request. Please note the Novartis offices will be moving to White City in London late 2019.
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Global is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.