Project Engineer Metals deptPerm RoystonMain purpose of the role will be Initiate, manage and complete various multi-disciplinary (plant, facilities, infrastructure and process improvement) engineering projects...
Process Engineer - MAT LEAVE COVER
This position is a hands-on role whose main purpose is to introduce innovative process engineering and design improvements within the Refining Operation. The incumbent will be responsible for the design, installation and commissioning of new process equipment and for the modifications to existing equipment as part of the wider technical effort in support of the strategic plan and proposed program of asset renewal.
- Provides process engineering support and troubleshooting necessary to meet all production & customer commitments.
- Initiates process improvements to ensure the refinery is capable of running at the design throughput level, maximising process yields and product purity and/or lower production costs, to enhance the overall cost effectiveness of the business unit.
- Evaluate experimentation carried out by the Development Process Chemists to determine scaled up process modification and efficiencies at pilot and plant scale application.
- Designing plant and process equipment configuration to provide a versatile operation capable of refining the wide range of feeds yet maintaining quality and processing efficiencies
- Understand the capability of designed and installed processes particularly with a focus on the scale-up and scale-down of processes within the equipment design and configuration.
- Select appropriate process modelling tools and techniques to be able to understand the processes installed or under investigation in order to improve performance.
- Optimising production by analysing refining processes to determine bottlenecks and then reviewing engineering solutions to resolve them.
- Staying abreast of current best available technologies and technical advances and evaluating relevance and applicability to the Precious Metals refining processes.
- When required, lead hazard review processes within the business following the JM Procedures aligned to the Life Saving Policies; this should include involvement in Hazop studies for both Pilot Scale and full refinery installations.
- Undertake root cause analysis or other-directed problem-solving techniques to understand failure modes and to be able to plan and design new ways of process improvement.
- When appropriate to assist with the commissioning of the new Refinery or other processes installed for trial work or main plant installations.
- Ensure good communications with the Global Refining team, local technical teams, Engineering functions, Production & where necessary, external contacts.
- Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures and making decisions about the selection and purchase of materials or services.
- May perform other related duties as required.
Candidates will require at least 5 years of demonstrated experience as Chemical/Process Engineer
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Global is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.