An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Materials Manager, working with our JCB client based in Rocester, Staffordshire. The Materials Manager Position encompasses responsibility for all Planning, Supply Chain and Logistics activities across the Business Unit.
- Control Annual & Monthly production plans.
- Publish & manage the meeting of inventory forecast and targets.
- Management of the Department resources to achieve strategic objectives as well as routine activities.
- Manage 3rd party logistics services & drive Continuous Improvement
- Control new product introductions and product improvement activities regarding materials supply and logistics.
- Maintain & improve Business KPI's relating to the Materials Department.
- Manage annual budgets for Materials Department.
- Ensure company safety policy is adhered to in all areas of logistics.
- Ensure appropriate processes and systems are implemented to effectively manage the routine materials planning and logistical functions.
- Manage material planning/expediting team covering an extensive worldwide supplier base.
- Implementation of perpetual inventory and bar coding systems.
- Strategic future planning of parts , suppliers and supplier development
- Responsible for both works and staff appraisals along with their welfare.
- Excellent working knowledge of Lean manufacturing, Kaizen, JIT and sequence supply techniques.
- Have the ability to communicate at all levels and be PC literate.
- Experienced in determining, managing and allocating budgets and capital expenditures.
- Management of training and development of both works and staff personnel.
- Must have a proven track record in materials management, often working under extreme pressure, strict time constraints and love achieving results.
- Competitive Salary
- Support for continuous career development
- Access to company fitness centre and sports facilities
- Discounted Health and Dental care schemes
To apply for this position, please upload your CV and a covering letter in response to this advert
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Global is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.