Chemical Production OperatorHours per week 42 (12 in each shift)- you will be required to work a rotating shift pattern working 3 and 2 days...
Chemical Production Operator
Hours per week 42 (12 in each shift)- you will be required to work a rotating shift pattern working 3 and 2 days and nights.
Due to the nature of this role applicants must be non-smokers and have been free from nicotine products for at least 3 months.
We are currently recruiting for a Fine Chemicals Production Operator to join our team in Royston. The successful candidate will be responsible for operating and maintaining a chemical process plant in a safe and proper manner to produce outputs that meet all customer and business unit specifications.
The role will involve following process methods and procedures diligently, ensuring that the processes work first time and in accordance with EHS best practice.
- Adherence to Life Saving Policies, following Site Safety Rules and working safely to EHS best practice as a mandatory condition of employment
- To be fully conversant with the processes and associated risks of the production processes
- Maintain abatement plant records and equipment calibration records
- Ensure conformance to customer requirements, specifications and output schedules with respect to total quality in all aspects of the job
- Following operating procedures and standardised work, record process information accurately using percentages and basic maths calculations
- Promote good interpersonal relationships with other team members, customers, technical support, management, etc
- Work closely with the technical team and other areas of the Chemical Products business unit to understand the technical processes and support new process development as and where necessary
- Work effectively with team members, management teams and other key members to ensure delivery of production targets and customer demand
- Support the implementation of LEAN initiatives in the department, following the application of LEAN principles in day to day working
You will have:
- GCSE Grade C (Single Award) or equivalent in maths or chemistry as a minimum requirement unless you can show that your experience has provided equivalent knowledge
- Strong safety awareness
- Exposure to a LEAN approach to manufacturing
- Ability to work with performance metrics to drive continuous improvement
- A good understanding of Chemistry and its application in a manufacturing environment would be advantageous but not essential
- Good attention to detail
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Global is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.