A global company is looking for 2 payroll/pension administrators to start as soon as possible for a 12 week contract.The RoleThe role of Payroll Administrator...
A global company is looking for 2 payroll/pension administrators to start as soon as possible for a 12 week contract.
The role of Payroll Administrator is to work within a pension payroll administration team, paying pensioners on time and accurately and dealing with all related tasks. Specific tasks include:
- Keying in payroll amendments (e.g. address changes and bank details) using casework.
- Assisting in the processing of payrolls (e.g. printing and checking payroll control reports).
- Ensuring that payslips and P60s are issued correctly by our outsourced printers.
- Ensuring that payroll deductions are dealt with correctly (e.g. PAYE, healthcare).
- Calculating manual payments using computer software and/or HMRC PAYE tables.
- Dealing with written correspondence both internal and external (particularly from pensioners).
- Promptly answering 'Pensions Helpline' telephone calls, dealing with these enquiries in a clear professional manner and setting up casework as required.
- Be a point of reference for standard automated cases.
- Recognise and escalate potential problem and potential complaint cases.
- Ensure complaints procedure is adhered to and that all complaints are immediately notified to a Senior Payroll Administrator or Payroll Team Leader.
- Help to provide an efficient, professional service to meet all client/members' needs and to promote the brand.
- Communicate effectively with client/members via the telephone, remembering each caller will have a different level of understanding. Record each call as they occur.
- Able to work to a high level of accuracy.
- Able to work well under pressure, stay focussed and meet targets.
- Interpersonal skills to include good written and verbal communication.
- Good time management skills and the ability to organise and prioritise own workload.
- Computer literate with fast and accurate keyboard input skills and a basic working knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- Pass at C or above for Maths and English at GCSE or equivalent.
- Experience in pensioner payroll administration would be an advantage.
- Progression in CIPP qualification desirable.
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.