Supply Chain Analyst Development 30-35k Royston Perm The Supply Chain Development Analyst will identify opportunities for process development within the supply chain operation and will...
The Production Planner is responsible for providing outstanding service and supply chain expertise for the operations within the Noble Metals business. The main focus of the role is to develop a clear understanding of the Gauze and Tube department production processes, to drive an efficient and effective flow of materials through their manufacturing process, with the aim at reducing Precious Metal inventory as well as driving through supply chain business improvement and change, whilst creating realistic and achievable production plans.
Main duties will include-
EHS, Quality and Security
Support EHS principles in order to ensure that EHS is given top priority and good practice is followed at all times.
Supply Chain Delivery
· Develop a strong insight and understanding of the manufacturing processes, specifically within the Gauze and Tube departments and how these link to the other departments in the factory.
· Review, analyse and interpret production data, using this to set the production schedule and anticipate any problems with the flow of materials.
· Woking with complex production processes, use data analysis techniques to reduce Precious Metal inventory levels and ensure production schedules are designed and delivered to meet customer specifications
· Operate and maintain efficient supply chain administration processes, including order of materials & reagents in addition to managing the intake and flow of material within the Gauze and Tube production cycle.
· Creation of production schedules in Orchestrate (our Finite Capacity Planning System), managing the flow of PGMs and successful order completion in full by expected advising date.
· Working closely with the manufacturing team to develop a robust production plan focused on a continuous flow of Precious Metal, ensuring compliance and execution of the plan.
· Build and maintain effective working relationships with the Manufacturing and Engineering teams to ensure they understand Supply Chain requirements and are fully engaged, focused and committed to delivering Production plans and targets.
· Support management of the S&OP process - working with cross functional team members to analyse and critique the demand plan, analyse and track demonstrated capacity, and prepare and present the draft S&OP.
· Manage the collation, analysis and presentation of all Supply Chain data used in departmental KPI reports.
· Manage communication with the Sales team, focused on developing and maintaining production scheduling processes to ensure production schedules are fully met & Customer requirements are communicated, displayed and tracked
· Communicating and escalating as appropriate and expediting problem resolution.
· Manage Inventory, understand the inventory profile, identify slow moving inventory and develop action plans to reduce inventory
· Support the yearly stocktake process in conjunction with production to maximise the metal yield and reduce the inventory holding.
LEAN / Continuous Improvement
- Become an Orchestrate super user and local expert.
- Develop and maintain Standard Work and Standard operations for the planning operations.
- Support LEAN implementation in the operational area to deliver improvements in culture and measurable financial and efficiency benefits.
- Use of LEAN tools such as VSM, Root Cause Problem solving etc to deliver efficiencies in the Manufacturing areas
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE A High level of numeracy: working with systems and data, SPC control, statistical understanding would be advantageous
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Global is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.