Supply Chain Analyst Development 30-35k Royston Perm The Supply Chain Development Analyst will identify opportunities for process development within the supply chain operation and will...
3 year project
55k with benefits
Flexible within UK
This is a high profile and critical project engineering position in the 3rd Century Refining (3CR) Project, reporting to the 3CR Project Manager.
The advertised role is designed to appeal to personnel interested in Project Management as a medium (and possibly long) term career option so that after completion of this project, the incumbent will be enabled and expected to take on the role of Project Manager for similar sized or larger Sector or Group projects in the UK or EU. One of the key challenges of this role will be to fit within a high performing team that functions in a collaborative, self-driven and highly motivated culture.
Job duties include -
- Assist the Project Manager in the safe, cost effective and timely delivery of the Project through to final handover.
- Drive the development and effective use of a document distribution matrix to ensure that documentation between suppliers and key project team members receive appropriate attention for comments and approval.
- Pro-actively drive efficient and effective communications and align project interfaces between engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning activities, to ensure workflows and deliverables are fit for purpose and consistent with project quality standards and delivered to meet the schedule. This will include interfaces between JM staff and contractor/suppliers at work on the project.
- When delegated by the Project Manager, drive efficient and collaborative team working between project staff and other vital JM stakeholder groups (e.g. Legal, HR, IT, Procurement etc).
- Pro-actively use the risk management process and tools to ensure that project risks are identified comprehensively and mitigated appropriately.
- Coordinate regular reporting from external and internal project team members to ensure consistency and the right management information to enable timely interventions when required.
- Stand in for the Project Manager when he is out of office
Ideal candidates will have the following experience/skills -
- Experience working in a capital projects environment, either as a Project Manager, Project Engineer, Project Controls Engineer, Process Engineer, Maintenance or Operations Engineer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, planning and time management
- Proficiency in use of standard Microsoft IT Suite.
- High level understanding of deliverables and interfaces between engineering, contracts and procurement, construction and commissioning.
- Strong self-sufficiency, personal initiative, and a problem-solving mentality combined with good interpersonal skills
- Strong health and safety awareness
- An interest to take on a Project Management role for at least 3-5 years after the 3CR project is delivered.
- Able to work on own initiative
- A strategic thinker with problem solving skills
- Personally committed to the delivery of the project
- Positive attitude with a willingness to get involved
- Knowledge of UK contracting and HSE law
- Degree qualified - preferably within a Engineering / construction related discipline
- PMI / APM qualification or similar
- Knowledge / experience in implementation and completion / handover of process plant
- Familiarity with planning tools such as Primavera or Asta
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Global is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.