Mechanical TechnicianRoyston 12 months FTC Day shift 12 hour shifts (5 days on / 4 days off) We are currently recruiting for an experienced and...
Mechanical PPM technician
£33,000 - £34,500
Days only Mon-FR
12 months FTC
Working within the Maintenance Team and reporting through the Maintenance Planner, the purpose of this role is to support Operations at Enfield by providing the necessary engineering skills to safely maintain all site EHS equipment, corrective and preventive, to prescribed standards in order to achieve target OEE whilst deploying problem solving skills and LEAN techniques.
- To provide a multi skilled maintenance service covering mechanical and electrical disciplines
- Liaise with the Maintenance Planner to agree work priorities, including both remedial and planned maintenance activities, to ensure that customers and stakeholders are supported in their operational needs
- Ensure that all relevant departmental administration such as time sheets; work orders (WMO), stores purchase requisitions, etc, are completed to ensure concise work history and financial accountability
- Carry out statutory and other testing on site to help maintain both ISO 9001 & ISO14001 accreditation.
- Take ownership of your own training and development plans to ensure continued development of your own skills and expertise, undertaking additional training skills to keep abreast of technology changes, and the changing needs of the business.
- When there is a requirement, vary normal working patterns in order to complete required work; covering colleagues' absences, or attending training courses.
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
- Completed a recognised Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship
- Preferably qualified HNC, C&G, B-TECH in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent level of qualification
- Previous experience chemical process industry would be advantages
- Able to demonstrate competence in a wide range of engineering skills and disciplines including, Pump, Vacuum and steam systems, Hydraulics & Pneumatics, Plastic & glass pipework
- Excellent fault finding and diagnostic skills, on a wide range of plant and equipment
- Basic workshop skills including, fabricating, welding & machining
- Team player able to support other disciplines if required
- Positive can-do attitude
- High personal Health and Safety standards
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Organised and disciplined
Due to the nature of this role applicants must be non-smokers and have been free from nicotine products for at least 3 months.
The role covers a rolling 8 hr day shift, Monday to Friday.
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Global is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.