Production Manager Chemical Manufacturing Royston, Hertfordshire£40,500 £46,500 per annum Our client based here in Royston is a FTSE 100 employer, and manufacturer of specialty chemical...
Production Manager - Chemical Manufacturing - Royston, Hertfordshire
£40,500 - £46,500 per annum
Our client based here in Royston is a FTSE 100 employer, and manufacturer of specialty chemical products for various industries. The organisation truly is a leader within it's respective field(s), with a long 200-year history, and operations spanning the globe.
About the Role
In this role you will be reporting into the Chemical Production Manager, and you will have overall responsibility for the daily running of your respective production department.
Another key area of responsibility is achieving production targets at optimum costs, as well as ensuring a high level of compliance with EHS (Environmental, Health & Safety), Quality, and Security standards as well as consistently delivering in alignment with a LEAN manufacturing culture.
Summary of Accountabilities
- EHS, Quality, Security - Accountable for EHS performance for entire department.
- Production - Schedule and review workload to ensure production output targets are achieved.
- LEAN - Support LEAN implementation & maintenance.
- Commercial - Support in the increase of product portfolio, and scale up.
- People-Management - Ensure necessary manpower, and knowledge in order to achieve targets. Develop performance of team/individuals by setting objectives.
Skills & Experience
- Ideally you will be educated to degree level in a Chemistry or Chemical Engineering subject.
- Experienced of problem solving concepts such as LEAN or Six Sigma.
- Able to find effective solutions to problems.
- Good grasp of EHS principles.
- Experience in managing workforce staff, and implementing strategies.
- Somebody who communicates well across all levels, and builds good relationships.
If this sounds like the role for you then please apply. If you have any questions then please call Jack Burgess on 01763 254 850 or email me at Jack.Burgess@guidantgroup.com to find out more.
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.