Junior Project Engineer 50k3 year contract Royston This is a high profile and critical project engineering position in the 3rd Century Refining Project, reporting to...
working in the Royston and Brimsdown
We are currently recruiting for a Project Engineer to be responsible for the delivery of capital projects as allocated from the overall R&CE capital projects portfolio. Working alongside R&CE management and functional stakeholders, the role holder will ensure allocated projects are delivered in accordance with the agreed objectives on time, within budget and with zero incidents.
The successful candidate will play a vital role in liaison and communication with key project stakeholders throughout the lifespan of the project, as well as ensuring the application of best practices by ensuring compliance with the project delivery process.
- To ensure that all projects delivered are demonstrably safe, meeting all internal and external EHS compliance standards as well as to ensure that all project team members always comply with EHS rules and expectations during all stages of the project delivery process
- To ensure projects, in both the proposal and execution stages, comply fully with EU, UK and any other applicable legislation
- Ensure spend of allocated CAPEX funds occurs within the fiscal period and within budget and ensure that any potential overspend against budget is approved before the spend is incurred according to group and business control procedures
- Prepare and maintain accurate schedule and financial reports
- To ensure that allocated capital projects are properly scoped, specified, designed safely, commissioned and managed on time, to quality standard, right first time and within budget allocated
- Ensure appropriate communication and leadership of all stakeholders in the form of regular status reports, including escalation to the Project Manager or Project Steering forums as appropriate
- To ensure the provision of appropriate training and full documentation for the end-users from suppliers, enabling rapid and successful hand over of all projects to all user groups
- Ensure completion of post project reviews on completed projects in liaison with major stakeholders
- To ensure that contractors working on your allocated projects are properly supervised and managed to meet internal standards on contractor safety, and that timescales of project implementation are clearly defined, documented and communicated in a timely manner
Are you the ideal candidate?
- You will have:
- Qualification to degree level in Electrical/Mechanical/Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- Two years of relevant experience within refining/process/chemical manufacturing industry
- Experience of delivering projects in high hazard operating environments
- Proficiency in use of full Microsoft Office suite including MS Project
- Ability to follow P&ID's
- Familiar with hazard study methodology and stages
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written
- Ability to handle multiple projects and conflicting priorities
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Global is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.