Junior Project Engineer 50k3 year contract Royston This is a high profile and critical project engineering position in the 3rd Century Refining Project, reporting to...
Junior Project Engineer
3 year contract
This is a high profile and critical project engineering position in the 3rd Century Refining Project, reporting to the Project Manager.
The Project received final budget approval in July 2018 and is moving forward rapidly into the Build phase of the project, with final handover in August 2021. It is the largest project in Efficient Natural Resources so successful delivery receives regular and focused attention at the highest levels of the client.
The advertised role is designed to appeal to personnel interested in Project Management as medium (and possibly long) term career option so that after completion of this project, the incumbent will be enabled and expected to take on the role of Project Manager for similar sized or larger Sector or Group projects in the UK or EU.
- Assist the Project Manager in the safe, cost effective and timely delivery of the Project
- Drive the development and effective use of a document distribution matrix to ensure that documentation between suppliers and key project team members receive appropriate attention for comments and approval
- Pro-actively drive efficient and effective communications and align project interfaces between engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning activities, to ensure workflows and deliverables are fit for purpose and consistent with project quality standards and delivered to meet the schedule
- When delegated by the Project Manager, drive efficient and collaborative team working between project staff and other vital JM stakeholder groups (e.g. Legal, HR, IT, Procurement etc)
- Pro-actively use the risk management process and tools to ensure that project risks are identified comprehensively and mitigated appropriately
- Coordinate regular reporting from external and internal project team members to ensure consistency and the right management information to enable timely interventions when required.
- Stand in for the Project Manager when he is out of office
- Assist in the procurement of additional members to join the Project Delivery Team as it moves into implementation stage
- To take on any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
- Experience working in a capital projects environment, either as a Project Manager, Project Engineer, Project Controls Engineer, Process Engineer, Maintenance or Operations Engineer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, planning and time management
- Proficiency in use of standard Microsoft IT Suite.
- High level understanding of deliverables and interfaces between engineering, contracts and procurement, construction and commissioning
- Strong self-sufficiency, personal initiative, and a problem-solving mentality combined with good interpersonal skills
- Strong health and safety awareness
- Able to work on own initiative
- A strategic thinker with problem solving skills
- Positive attitude with a willingness to get involved
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Global is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.