Shift Supervisor Royston Perm 38 hours Main dutiesThe role of the Shift Supervisor is to provide supervision to the shift team and schedule daily allocation...
We are currently recruiting for a Project Engineer to initiate, manage and complete various multi-disciplinary (plant, facilities, infrastructure and process improvement) engineering projects within our Noble Metals business.
Based within the Engineering Team, the incumbent will be responsible for managing between three and five projects at any one time, ranging typically up to £100k in value with a duration of between one and twelve months.
- Development of concepts to improve product manufacture and plant efficiency and safety
- Developing specifications, plans, costings and business cases for new plant and facilities
- Managing the tendering process and selecting sub-contractors
- Overseeing the design of solutions through the effective management of sub-contractors
- Managing and overseeing the construction of facilities and manufacture of plant ensuring that projects are delivered to cost and on schedule
- Organising and managing the installation and commissioning of facilities and plant
- Developing planned preventative maintenance routines, risk assessments and operating procedures for new and existing plant and processes
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
- Degree in mechanical or electrical Engineering based subject
- Good understanding of HSE legislative framework, including machinery safety
- An ability to provide innovative solutions to problems
- High level of numeracy, working with systems and data
- Sound technical background, including writing of equipment specifications for tender
- Ability to manage contractors and suppliers to meet EHS standards and project deliverables
- Good IT skills with competence in MS Office and AutoCAD
- A practical, systematic and logical approach to problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.