Technical Production Support 35-40KBrimsdown/Enfield RoleTo be part of a small team of technical specialists focused on providing both reactive and proactive support to ensure the...
Technical Production Support
To be part of a small team of technical specialists focused on providing both reactive and proactive support to ensure the effective running of refining processes.
- To ensure core EHS principles are placed at the forefront of everything we do by championing safe behaviour and by challenging complacency and unsafe practises.
- To lead and participate in the escalation of key issues, presenting problem statements and documentation, as well as appropriate proposals for resolution and progress
- Act as a conduit for the transfer of Best Practice in the field of Technical Production Support in and out of R&CE Operations by developing and collaborating with other Global Refining Operations within JM and beyond.
- Use knowledge of statistical analysis and data visualisation packages (e.g. JMP, Minitab, Tableau, etc.) (e.g. Tableau) to provide robust data driven solutions to technical problems, and to communicate these findings in a form appropriate for a non-technical audience
- Aid in the development and implementation of appropriate process data collection and reporting systems across the operations departments (e.g. using MS Access, Excel, etc.).
- Work closely with and support other technical functions in the implementation and early production stages of new feeds and processes.
- Set and validate parameters and specifications for all operational processes.
- Use problem solving methodology/principles to establish root causes of issues and identify appropriate solutions within the existing operations, (e.g. CCC-strips, 8D, RCA, Six sigma)
- Monitor plant processes through statistical analysis, proactively identify out of control processes and investigate root cause in a timely fashion to minimise impact on Business and Operational performance.
- Contribute in the creation and execution of proactive Process Confirmation through audits and other shop-floor based methods.
- Support the operations teams in the modification and optimisation of SOP/SWES documentation. Focused to ensure all solutions and improvements implemented are sustainable and monitored over the long term
- Provide proactive assistance and contribution to the Stocktake process
Skills required -
- Experience of structured problem-solving tools and techniques (e.g. Six Sigma, 8D, etc.)
- High level of numeracy - working with systems and data, SPC control, statistical understanding would be advantageous
- Experience with data collection, visualisation and statistical analysis packages (e.g. JMP, Minitab, Tableau, MS Access)
- Knowledge of regulations effecting Chemical processing facility (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, COMAH, etc.)
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Global is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.